Welcome to the Big Difference Scheme application portal for new and renewal customers.
If you are already on the scheme and have been sent a renewal letter from Severn Trent asking you to reapply, please do not start your application until the date specified on your letter.
If your household income is low, you may be entitled to a BIG reduction. If eligible for the scheme, you could receive a discount on your Severn Trent water bill.
To apply for the Big Difference Scheme you will need to:
- Create an account - If you are applying for the discount yourself, please create an individual account. If you work for an advice agency, please create an advice agency account.
- Provide details of who lives at the property with you.
- Provide your water account number. You must have an active water account with Severn Trent Water to apply. You cannot apply for the scheme if your name is not on the water account at your current address.
- Provide details of your total household income.
- Upload proof of all household income. You will not be able to submit your application until proof of your household income is uploaded.
- Submit your application.
The Big Difference
Scheme is a non-standard payment arrangement to help those who need assistance
with their water charges. If accepted onto this scheme Severn Trent Water will
share information with credit reference agencies, and this could influence your
credit status. For more information, please