Welcome to the Big Difference Scheme application portal
If your household income is low, you may be entitled to a BIG reduction. If eligible for the scheme, you could receive up to 90% off the average Severn Trent water bill.
To apply for the Big Difference Scheme you will need to:
- Create an account - If you are applying for the discount yourself, please create an individual account. If you work for an advice agency, please create an advice agency account.
- Provide details of who lives at the property with you.
- Provide your water account number.
- Provide details of your total household income and any savings you have.
- Upload proof of all household income. You will not be able to submit your application until proof of your household income is uploaded.
- Submit your application.
Severn Trent Water share information with credit reference agencies. The Big Difference Scheme is a non-standard arrangement to pay to help those who need assistance with their water charges. If accepted onto this scheme, this information will be shared and could have an influence on your credit status. If you pay your bill on time, sharing your data could positively impact your credit rating. For more information, please visit https://www.stwater.co.uk/help-and-contact/legal/sharing-data-with-credit-reference-agencies/